Each week we aim to have a brief roundup of anything RISC OS related. This is in the form of a brief newsletter type posting each Friday. Bookmark this page or subscribe to our mailing list if you would like to keep up to date with all things RISC OS.
News Headlines from the RISC OS world
- [27th Oct 2008] Latest Intel chips still can't match ARM for power saving - Intel issued a "correction" Thursday regarding comments one of its executives made earlier this week slamming the iPhone as incapable of working correctly with the internet.
Among other things, the executives accused ARM chips of being unable to "handle the internet" and singled out the iPhone as an example of a smart phone that could be really great if it used one of Intel's low-power x86 architecture processors, known as Atom.
More Info: Silicon.com
- [12th Oct 2008] Major new RISC OS application in development - Long-term RISC OS devotee Paul Vigay has recently announced a new application he's currently working on. With a development version to be demonstrated at the forthcoming RISC OS SE Show, WebAnim8r is a powerful and comprehensive application for creating animations and graphics suitable for including on websites and presentations.
A flexible built-in scripting language allows the user to create complex designs with the aid of simple keywords, or fall back on the intuitive user interface.
More Info: WebAnim8r homepage
- [27th Sep 2008] End of the line for Iyonix - From 30th September it will no longer be possible to purchase an Iyonix computer. After 15 years of business, Jack Lillingston and John Ballance would like to thank all their customers for their support. There are still limited supplies of Iyonix computers available, so order one now as remaining stock is available on a first come, first served basis. From 1st October, support for the Iyonix will continue through the Iyonix dealer network, website and email.
More Info: Full press release
Simple News | Older News...
- 13th Jun 2008 - Benefits of RISC OS touted in US Patent
- 25th Apr 2008 - Select4i4 to be released at Wakefield 2008
- 4th Jan 2008 - BBC B designer honoured
- 30th Nov 2007 - New PRM available for purchase at the Arm Club Christmas Show, RISCOS Ltd and RISC OS Open Joint Venture
- 29th Jun 2007 - 2GB memory card limit vanishes - for Iyonix users
- 4th May 2007 - Select 4 issue 2 released.
- 27th Apr 2007 - Cancellation of Oregano3 web browser.
- 20th Apr 2007 - ROOL mouse mat announced.
- 16th Mar 2007 - Gutenprint for RISC OS released
- 2nd Mar 2007 - ROOL to handle file allocations, Bargain USB pen drives available, Budget Advertising for Small Developers
- 2nd Feb 2007 - Return of Wimpbasic.org
- 12th Jan 2007 -
Insignia TextEffX released as freeware
- 5th Jan 2007 - Acorn pioneer honoured, Era of the Phoenix updated
- 29th Dec 2006 - 2007 Calendar, Firefox 2 updated
- 1st Dec 2006 - RISC OS 6 Preview available
- 3rd Nov 2006 - RISC OS 4 changelogs available,SmartGroups finally bites the dust, New RISC OS portal
- 20th Oct 2006 - RISC OS 6 Previewed
- 13th Oct 2006 - ROS 5.12 available, Northumbria Acorn Users Group
- 10th Feb 2006 - RISC OS Shows, Valentine Offers, New Usergroup, No Advertising budget in RISC OS world
- 20th Jan 2006 - Grapevine 2.10 on the horizon, 'Vortex' development, RISCOS.org updates, User participation
- 6th Jan 2006 - RPP stops accepting new subscribers
- 16th Dec 2005 - Retro fun, Easi/TechWriter 8.50, Christmas Offers, BBC Master on eBay
- 9th Dec 2005 - Update to ArtWorks2, Starfighter 3000 update, Geminus Iyonix screen acceleration, TIFF translation, Iyonix Select Pledge
- 2nd Dec 2005 - Charles Moir interviewed at The Register, New RISCWorld, CSA.Announce disruption, new releases
- 25th Nov 2005 - RISC OS in mainstream press, Calling electronics buffs, Star Fighter 3000, Sudoku