RISC OS News
- Latest Intel chips still can't match ARM for power saving - Intel issued a "correction" Thursday regarding comments one of its executives made earlier this week slamming the iPhone as incapable of working correctly with the internet.
Among other things, the executives accused ARM chips of being unable to "handle the internet" and singled out the iPhone as an example of a smart phone that could be really great if it used one of Intel's low-power x86 architecture processors, known as Atom.
- Major new RISC OS application in development - Long-term RISC OS devotee Paul Vigay has recently announced a new application he's currently working on. With a development version to be demonstrated at the forthcoming RISC OS SE Show, WebAnim8r is a powerful and comprehensive application for creating animations and graphics suitable for including on websites and presentations.
A flexible built-in scripting language allows the user to create complex designs with the aid of simple keywords, or fall back on the intuitive user interface.
Some news summaries maybe truncated. This is a limitation with GoogleGroups RSS feed and beyond our control unfortunately.
- 500 Internal Server Error
RISC OS Open
404 Not Found
- Looking to spark your imagination? - SparkFS is undoubtedly one of the must have RISC OS applications when it comes to working with compressed files/archives, so much so that we’ve bundled a read-only version as part of RISC OS 5 since as far back as 2014.Having worked closely with David Pilling, SparkFS’ original author, we are very pleased to announce that from today, the full read-write version is now included for free with RISC OS 5.
- ROOL heads South West to Bristol - RISC OS Open are looking forward to attending the South West show on 25th February, there are lots of amazing things to see – we expect the atmosphere will be electric!
- Clock ticks towards 5:30 finishing time - Every eighteen months or so the hands on the clock point at stable-o-clock, the time when we assess all the platforms on which RISC OS runs and determine which are polished enough to meet the unchanging stable release criteria. In addition, new features and any particularly irksome faults are added to the mix.
- Lost for something to do this summer? - If you’re still circling the A642 for the Wakefield show or snoozing in the deck chair after the MUG midsummer event then unfortunately you missed both of them now. However, you can still catch the highlights of the RISC OS Open talk on YouTube.
- Virtually the MUG midsummer event - Get ready today, Saturday 2nd July 2022, for the Midland User Group (MUG) online show.
|Home||(external news feeds last updated at 10:30pm and took 9 seconds)|