RISC OS News
- Latest Intel chips still can't match ARM for power saving - Intel issued a "correction" Thursday regarding comments one of its executives made earlier this week slamming the iPhone as incapable of working correctly with the internet.
Among other things, the executives accused ARM chips of being unable to "handle the internet" and singled out the iPhone as an example of a smart phone that could be really great if it used one of Intel's low-power x86 architecture processors, known as Atom.
- Major new RISC OS application in development - Long-term RISC OS devotee Paul Vigay has recently announced a new application he's currently working on. With a development version to be demonstrated at the forthcoming RISC OS SE Show, WebAnim8r is a powerful and comprehensive application for creating animations and graphics suitable for including on websites and presentations.
A flexible built-in scripting language allows the user to create complex designs with the aid of simple keywords, or fall back on the intuitive user interface.
Some news summaries maybe truncated. This is a limitation with GoogleGroups RSS feed and beyond our control unfortunately.
RISC OS Open
404 Not Found
- Tuck in to a tasty bonus - The Bonus Binaries download is one of our most popular downloads, coming in 2nd place behind the main HardDisc4, with the !System resource 3rd of all the Miscellaneous downloads. Since its introduction in 2015 extra treats have been added, so let’s take a look inside.
- Big Ben spotted on mainland Europe - RISC OS Open will be packing as much as possible into a suitcase ahead of the Big Ben Club annual day on the 13th May. Located in Koog aan de Zann, it’s only a short distance north of Amsterdam and is easy to reach by plane, train, or automobile from the rest of Europe.The eXperience is a perfect opportunity to network with other RISC OS users in the local area, whether in person, or using trusty Econet communications.
- WROCC show touches down in Bradford - While the ROOL starship didn’t quite make it to Mars this month, the countdown has started at ROOL for the A6177 orbital approach around Bradford ready for the WROCC show on Saturday 22nd April 2023.And what could be more apt than the Cedar Court Hotel being on Rooley Lane?
- RISC OS in Spaaaaace! - A major announcement from RISC OS Open: SpaceX has chosen our operating system for their mission to Mars! Preparations are already underway, and RISC OS’s reliability and efficiency make it the perfect fit for the harsh conditions of space travel. RISC OS Open is thrilled to be working with SpaceX on such a ground-breaking project. In fact, our innovative system will be instrumental in helping the first human colonisers establish a home on the Red Planet. Ladies and gentlemen, we are honoured to be selected by SpaceX for this historic mission.For us, this is the culmination of many years of hard work and dedication. Our team is thrilled to be collaborating with SpaceX on such a colossal project. Of course, we know this will not be easy! Let’s celebrate this incredible news and look forward to RISC OS making history on Mars. Stay tuned for more updates from RISC OS Open and SpaceX.
- Looking to spark your imagination? - SparkFS is undoubtedly one of the must have RISC OS applications when it comes to working with compressed files/archives, so much so that we’ve bundled a read-only version as part of RISC OS 5 since as far back as 2014.Having worked closely with David Pilling, SparkFS’ original author, we are very pleased to announce that from today, the full read-write version is now included for free with RISC OS 5.
|(external news feeds last updated at 10:30pm and took 8 seconds)